Advance Certificate in Photovoltaic System Installer
Summary Description: Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks.
Assessing the installation site job, understanding the principle of PV system, handling installation tools & equipments, understanding functions & process of installation materials, mounting and installing the panels at customer's premises as per design & specification, and ensuring effective functioning of solar energy system after installation.
Certificate will be Awarded by
Institute of Solar Technology, A Unit of Global Advanced Training & Educational Trust, Regd. under NCT New Delhi, Govt. of India
English, Hindi & Local Language
(Book & Online Examination in English)
Duration: 50 Hours within 1 Month
The course will be delivered in class room board work, lecture using PowerPoint, sharing of case examples, design exercises, a complete design task and PV System installation facility at institute power plant.
FREE printed book as per Syllabus developed by National and International PV Technology Trainer & Expert
FREE E-Library for future study on up-to-date technology, project guide, National & International FREE Article
sample bill of materials, sample financial models etc.
Training & Learning Materials: Wall Chart, Equipment, Measuring Meters, accessories and tools for practical & demonstration only
2. Switch, Disconnector, Principle factors to be considered when selecting the DC switch-disconnector
3. Cable size - DC Voltage & Current in PV Systems, Rated current & voltage
4. D.C. Plug and Socket Connectors - DC Isolator, DC Combiner Box, Junction Boxes, Different Parts of JB, AC isolator, AC Distribution Box
5. String Fuses, Selection of Fuse, Blocking Diodes
6. Earthing System, Earthing of solar plant, Calculation of earth resistance, Grounding System, Surge Protection, Lightning Protection
7. Inverter - Micro, String, Central, Stand Alone, Grid Tie, Pure Sine Wave
8. Measurement/metering of Electrical Power, Charge Controller - PWM, MPPT
9. Mounting Structures - Roof mounted, Ground mounted, Mounting Material, Technical Specifications of mounting structure, Design Specifications, Wind Load Calculation of Mounting Structure, Foundation Selection
10. Networking Cable, Synchronization for Two Power Sources
11. PV Batteries, Battery capacity, Battery connection, Battery Charging Current and Battery Charging Time, Three Stage Battery Charging, Battery Selection and Sizing, What parameters MUST BE monitored? Battery Maintenance Tips, Battery Efficiency
12. Softe copy of Home Task submitted by every student
5. Shadow Objects Removing, Spare parts and equipments required
6. O&M Contract Types
7. Remote Monitoring System
8. Operations and maintenance Service table
9. Softe copy of System Operation and Maintenance Report Documents
* per class 45 Munutes, Per day 8 class.
Knowledge & Skill from this training Program
Through this training session, you can understand your responsibilities at work area
Technical Job skill:
1. Working process to generate solar power
2. PV Solar Rooftop and Power Plant Installation
3. Electrical equipments handling & its function
4. Mechanical equipments and its function
5. Site survey and evaluation of various environmental parameters
6. System Installation Process
7. Occupational health and safety process
You can able to
1. operate/use different tools used in installation work
2. Fill report form, make documentation
3. Communicate with supervisor, coordinator and co-worker
4. work as a team member for achieving quality work/customer satisfaction
5. Understand company's policies and needs
IST prepares skill to handle Job Tasks of an Installer, like
Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
Install solar energy systems - Assemble solar modules, panels, or supporting structures, as specified.
Determine appropriate locations for operations or installations - Identify installation locations with proper orientation, area, solar access, or structural integrity for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency
Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance
Select construction materials - Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent protection devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements - Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit
Install electrical components, equipment, or systems - Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation
Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes
Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects - Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations
Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning - Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers
Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials
Test green technology installations to verify performance - Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations
Determine connection interfaces for additional subpanels or for connecting photovoltaic (PV) systems with utility services or other power generation sources
Maintain mechanical equipment - Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment
Measure and analyze system performance and operating parameters to assess operating condition of systems or equipment
Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations
Record operational or environmental data - Compile or maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance
Course Fee for Indian Students
Registration Fee: Rs.5,999/-
Training Fee : Rs. 13,999/-
Total Course Fee: Rs. 19,998/ including Service Tax & examination fee.
Pay Total Course Fee at the time of Registration/admission.
Course Fee for International Students
Registration Fee: $ 170 (US Dollar)
Training Fee : $ 410 (US Dollar)
Total Course Fee: $ 580 (US Dollar) including Service Tax & examination fee.
Pay Total Course Fee at the time of Registration/admission.
Institute of Solar TechnologyIST Mumbai
"ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE"
A Unit of Global Advanced Training & Educational Trust
An Autonomous Institute Reg. under
NCT New Delhi, GOVT. OF INDIA
ISO 9001:2008 Certified Orginazation, Member of Solar Energy Society of India IST - Authorised Training Center of NIESBUD (An Autonomous Institute under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship), Govt. of India,
Traditional Learning vs. IST Skill Training
Education is all about learning the theory. Traditionally, an education may reinforce knowledge in which that you already have a foundation.
And that's where IST Skill training differs; IST training gives you the skills to do something rather than just know about something.
Training can be specific to your need, your work experience or your skills-gap.